Implementing digital construction for a leading UK housebuilder
Our client needed to introduce a digital construction strategy to support business growth.
They also needed to understand the breadth of the concept and its benefits.
The industry leading approach needed to be adopted by people at all levels both within the company and in its supply chain.
Change is not a solo crusade and working with the client we developed a comprehensive digital transformation and BIM strategy delivering the following:
- Re-structured departments, processes and framework agreements
- Established product and design standards and information rich 3D building models
- Replaced multiple unmanaged information stores with a single digital source for design, development and project specific information
- Introduced best in class technology
- Ensured collaboration internally and externally
- Embraced all aspects of change management and the people side of change
The award-winning approach has streamlined operations enabled digital construction and generated multi-million-pound savings.
The improved quality of information has enabled the company to innovate and continues to build high quality homes.
MORE CASE STUDIES
CASE STUDY Supply chain strategy for highways productsThe Challenge National Highways were carrying out a review of the way in which noise barriers were procured and whether there were better ways to reduce cost and carbon and stimulate innovation and competition. The...
CASE STUDY Independent advice on a ‘digital twin’ for a water strategic systemThe Challenge Anglian Water’s Strategic Pipeline Alliance is delivering an ambitious plan to create a series of up to 500km of interconnecting pipelines and associated infrastructure to move...
CASE STUDY Developing future-proofed digital tools for a innovative cost consultancy The Challenge The client is a relatively new and innovative cost consultancy, specialising in the property sector. It has a particular emphasis on and vision for digital construction....