Implementing digital construction for a leading UK housebuilder
Our client needed to introduce a digital construction strategy to support business growth.
They also needed to understand the breadth of the concept and its benefits.
The industry leading approach needed to be adopted by people at all levels both within the company and in its supply chain.
Change is not a solo crusade and working with the client we developed a comprehensive digital transformation and BIM strategy delivering the following:
- Re-structured departments, processes and framework agreements
- Established product and design standards and information rich 3D building models
- Replaced multiple unmanaged information stores with a single digital source for design, development and project specific information
- Introduced best in class technology
- Ensured collaboration internally and externally
- Embraced all aspects of change management and the people side of change
The award-winning approach has streamlined operations enabled digital construction and generated multi-million-pound savings.
The improved quality of information has enabled the company to innovate and continues to build high quality homes.
More Case Studies
Developing a technology roadmap for highways maintenance
CASE STUDY Developing a technology roadmap for highways maintenance The Challenge The highways term maintenance arm of a main contractor was struggling to win new work and was looking to develop technology as a source of differentiation in the market. It...
Creating an environment for innovation in engineering design
CASE STUDY Creating an environment for innovation in engineering design The Challenge A major international engineering and design practice was concerned that its application of digital engineering and other construction-software techniques was behind its...
Supporting the move from Smart Streetlighting towards a platform for Smart Cities
CASE STUDY Supporting the move from Smart Streetlighting towards a platform for Smart Cities The Challenge The client operates around 70,000 “smart” street lights for local authority clients using a legacy (but effective) Zigbee mesh Control Central...